That disheveled hair. That 3 o' clock shadow that gives them a mysterious, yet inviting, appeal. That straight brow and hard stare. Is it the look of an evil genius? Is it just coincidence? Or is it something more? Whatever the reason, there's no denying that the resemblance between Rudy Cooper, the Ice Truck Killer from Dexter, and Chef Daniel Patterson of Coi, is uncanny.
To give you an example, let's play a game. Can you guess which one is NOT Chef Patterson?
The accessories probably give it away, but I bet it took you a second.
And it's not just their looks that are similar. Consider the following:
1) They both know how to use a knife
2) They both approach their professions from a very scientific point of view
3) They both use the most cutting edge techniques
4) The presentation of their work is always thoughtful, meticulous...and beautiful
5) Though it hasn't been verified, it's likely that Chef Patterson also has a giant, custom-built refrigeration unit in his home...to keep all of those vegetables fresh.
Innovative, world-class chef by night; innovative, world-class serial killer by late night. Maybe we'll never know...